Deadline: admissions (annual)
Study in: Germany
Course starts 2019
The Goethe Goes Global scholarship for master’s programmes is a groundbreaking project, and unique in the academic landscape of Germany. The purpose of the scholarship is to foster your academic career and support you during your master’s studies.
Goethe University in Germany
Field of study:
From 2018 onwards Goethe Goes Global Scholarship can be awarded for all consecutive master’s programmes offered at Goethe University. See full list here.
Number of Scholarships:
In this programme, up to 20 scholarships are awarded per year.
Both German and foreign students who have completed at least two thirds of their bachelor’s degree (or another equivalent or higher degree) at a university outside of Germany.
The Goethe Goes Global Scholarship offers:
• A monthly scholarship amount of 1,000€ for the standard period of a master’s programme at Goethe-University (generally 2 years)
• Support and orientation from an experienced master’s student buddy during your studies
• Access to seminars focusing on professional skills at our Graduate Academy (GRADE), normally open only to PhD students and postdocs
• Access to an innovative research environment and networks that connect you with fellow scholarship holders and other advanced researchers
• Career support through Goethe University’s Research Support Office
Are you a suitable candidate for Goethe Goes Global?
• You hold or are on track to obtain an excellent bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a university outside Germany
• You’re looking for an interesting master’s programme and are considering a PhD in the long run
• You seek a stepping stone to start a successful, international career and funding for your master’s programme
• You’re well versed in your academic discipline and are particularly interested in research
• You want a platform to exchange ideas with other international researchers about the topics you are passionate about
• You are seeking hands-on experience in research under the supervision of excellent professors in a renowned university with state-of-the art facilities
• You are highly motivated to conduct research
To qualify for admission to a Master’s programme at Goethe University, you must have already completed a Bachelor’s degree (or another programme at an equivalent level) in a relevant field, and have passed the selection process of the respective programme.
Please check which Master degree programme you are interested in and whether you meet the application requirements, such as language skills, academic background, etc.
Because the scholarship application is a part of the master’s programme application, you must first start an application for your desired programme. This means you either follow procedure number 1 or number 2 down below, depending on the programme you choose.
1. For programmes that require an online application via uni-assist, the scholarship application is found within the master’s programme application. All required documents for the scholarship application must be submitted online. No hard copies neccessary! All the required documents for the master’s programme application must be submitted online and sent to uni-assist in Berlin as hardcopies.
2. For programmes that require you to apply directly through their department, you can submit your scholarship application along with your master’s programme application to the department. However, please make sure to inform yourself by visiting the programme’s webpage to know for sure if they have specific instructions for the scholarship application.
The scholarship deadline is the same date as the application deadline of the master’s programme you apply for. Please note that each master’s programme has its own application deadline and it is subject to change.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.goethe-university-frankfurt.de/61645104/04-What-we-offer